Mummy's Random Blog: Reminising on Florida

Friday, 7 October 2011

Reminising on Florida

AS many of you know, I travelled in May this year to Florida, Orlando.
This was the first time I had ever flown, anywhere, not even a small local flight, nothing!

As a mummy of two, in a shop job, I can not afford holidays abroad, we normally go camping. So when my son won this holiday I went mental, crying and hardly slept for a week!!! All he had to do in return for winning was write a review for First News about the holiday.

Having never been in these situtations before, the idea of American passport control was scary - people say such negative things about them! And then there was other things to worry about, like actually buying our passports first!

It was a family trip, all four of us, to the Portofino Loews hotel, inside the Universal studios resort. A far cry from camping I can tell you, this was a Platinum graded hotel. The hotel was based on an Italian town, and was awesome, except one thing - we clearly did not belong! All the restuarants and shops were way more than we could spend.

 Flying out from Heathrow I was terrified, rocking back and forwards in my chair repeating "I don't like it, I don't like it, it don't like it". I really didn't like it, fear of the unknown I guess. The whole time my toddler was holding my hand, stroking my arm saying "You'll be fine Mummy, its ok, its just a big bus, your ok mummy" this approach was sweet!! I still cried a good 20 mins. :-O

When we got higher up, and started flying level I was fine. The prize was from First News kids newspaper, and included flights, hotel, and 7 day 2 theme park passes for all four of us.

Now to bore you with photos....

Jenny and me in the hotel
Demon on a Vespa, very Italian
Scooby, Me, Jenny and Shaggy!

There are two reason I decided to write about this today, firstly I WON a holday to Austrialia today, more on that when I calm down! Secondly, the nice folk at Travelizer, a new comparison site opening soon, are running a competition to win £800 towards a European holiday



Entering is easy, blog about a holiday! If you do blog as a result of reading this post, please add yourself to the "Blog Hop" below. Thats just for fun!! PS, Travelizer, if I win I fly on the 4th of November to Aussie, so I probably will not reply for a week. x

 The follwing text is borrowed from the Travelizer webpage.

1. Get inspired (we find a cup of tea always helps). 2. Re-live those magical holiday memories. 3. Publish the post on your blog (min.150 words). 4. Add a fabulous photo. 5. E-mail us at oliver@travelizer.co.uk when it's up to confirm you want to take part. 6. The competition is open from 3/10/2011 – 4/11/2011. 7. Fabulous prize draw (the winner will be selected at random & notified by e-mail).

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous first holiday, and how wonderful that you're off to Australia too! Before I started entering competitions I had only ever been to Spain, but since 1997 my wins have taken me to Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Japan, Brazil, New Zealand, Iceland, Antigua and other places I would never have dreamt of visiting! It really is a magical hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt it great Di?!? ;-D that "did i imagine it, is this real" feeling you get when you find out you've won. Its just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you're right! Blogging about prize holidays is a really nice thing to look back on too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as though once you got over the terror of the flight and passport control you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did Sally-Jayne!!
    This time I don't have my little man to hold my hand and tell Mummy to chillax..... I'll have to try to be a big girl?!

    2 weeks and 5 days until Austrailia!

    ReplyDelete

Say something.... I like reading comments... Go on.... Type.....