We have today tried out the Ravensburger globe puzzleball that Izzi Wizzi sent us. This is my first blog review, so not as good as some you might have read elsewhere. :-P
First up is some action shots of D making the puzzle with me. After that will be a video. As you'll probably hear in the vid I'm not well (air travel disagrees with me!), so I didn't want to be on camera!
I was pretty impressed by this puzzle. For the most part it was alot easier than you might think, the last few bits we did struggle with as you can't quite get your hands in the little gap to attach it well.
I think the best bit was having numbers on the back of each piece and arrows indicating which side of the puzzle piece attaches to the next piece. Very good news with my D, he usually has a meltdown during making puzzles, but not this time. Success!!
D said the best bit was all the tiny pictures all over the globe, showing animals that live in that region of the world, as well as many place names, mountains and landmarks like big Ben and the NY statue of liberty. This led to many questions I did not have the answers to! Whats this, why that, where is..... ?
The pieces were plastic and shiny, neither of us have used puzzleballs before, and were expecting cardboard bits. Who would have thought plastic pieces would work? But they do.
And finally
First up is some action shots of D making the puzzle with me. After that will be a video. As you'll probably hear in the vid I'm not well (air travel disagrees with me!), so I didn't want to be on camera!
I was pretty impressed by this puzzle. For the most part it was alot easier than you might think, the last few bits we did struggle with as you can't quite get your hands in the little gap to attach it well.
I think the best bit was having numbers on the back of each piece and arrows indicating which side of the puzzle piece attaches to the next piece. Very good news with my D, he usually has a meltdown during making puzzles, but not this time. Success!!
D said the best bit was all the tiny pictures all over the globe, showing animals that live in that region of the world, as well as many place names, mountains and landmarks like big Ben and the NY statue of liberty. This led to many questions I did not have the answers to! Whats this, why that, where is..... ?
The pieces were plastic and shiny, neither of us have used puzzleballs before, and were expecting cardboard bits. Who would have thought plastic pieces would work? But they do.
![]() |
| Sorting out the pieces, which were helpfully numbered |
![]() |
| Deep concentration |
![]() |
| Starting to take shape.... |
![]() |
| Gosh He's quiet!!! |
![]() |
| Nearly done |
And finally
If you are interested in buying one, its available via Amazon uk





oh what a fab review. I will be getting my daughter one of these for christmas now i have seen this! x
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice comment, thank you. :)
ReplyDelete