Jenny has realised that one young blackbird is less afraid of him than other birds are. This blackbird allows him to get as near as about 5 feet away! Other slightly trusting locals are a mother great tit (we think its the one that nests in our guttering), and a starling.
Here are some photos of Jenny trying to sneak up on his feathered friends.
In one you can see the blackbird in flight by the street light. In another look at the top of the feeder spike, Jenny's friend is perched there very close to him.
![]() |
| Here he is waiting... |
![]() |
| Checking in the tree, you never know?! |
![]() |
| Look just by the lamp post bulb |
![]() |
| His friendy is on the feeder spike |
![]() |
| And finally look carefully on our lawn, to left of the tree. Jenny is stareing at the bird |
Coombe Mill do "country kids" blog linky for outdoor play, whatever the weather.





Oh yes please do link up, outdoor, kids and having fun, counts as in for sure! I hope he keeps his interest, I am sure I had an old observers book of British birds at Jenny's age.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI will sort out link up when next at a computer. I blogged from my mobile phone.
ReplyDeleteWow what phone do you have? I could never blog from my phone! thank you for joining me on Country Kids
DeleteIts a samsung galaxy s2 that I won on twitter. :-)
ReplyDelete