
Excuse the image quality.
My partner is going to make me a cake, will look and smell like Christmas but won't hurt me. He can be so sweet sometimes. He has Googled a recipe then bought ingredients, we were going to buy a cake but the labels on shop crimbo cakes aren't helpful. The non alcoholic wine was "just because". He said hang on and ran back a few aisles and tried to sneak it into trolley.
I know if alcohol is added during cooking I'll feel ok, if fruit was soaked in booze as is traditional I will be rather unwell. If the booze is a flavouring such as in a cream filling, or in icing I would also be unwell.
I was going to take my chances.... But the other half can cook from scratch, such a kind thing to do.
Cheers dear!
Good luck with the cake
ReplyDeleteIt's in the oven right now. :-)
ReplyDelete