Was a late start to the rugby, Gloucester versus Worcester kicking off just before 8pm.
It was a close old match I can tell you! I went down to the very last seconds, Gloucester was behind by one point and Jonny May was on for a certain try when Worcesters Classens deliberately trips him. Not a tackle, an outright dirty trip up. At this point the match clock has reached 0:00 but it still went to the TMO and Gloucester was given it as a penalty try. Classens was red carded and gloucester bags the win.
Read more about the match here.
Before the match there was Aviva Premiership folks looking for people daft enough to do a challenge. Only ten willing volunteers would get the chance, and I got picked.
Of these ten I was the only woman. You had to lift and hold the real trophy in front of you, with arms fully out straight. Sounds easy? It's not! It's 15kg of silver with sharp handles. I managed the worst time of the ten, but I still tried. ;-) I came away with painful dents in my hands, like a bruised straight line on the palm of both hands... But I did it. Then my disk moved in my back, and I had to admit defeat. It felt like I held it up ages but I didn't. Blink and you'd miss it, just 21 seconds. Haha. The winner was 1 and a half minutes.

Here's a photo of the lovely cup.... I'll be keeping an eye on Gloucester rugby's webpage for a photo showing me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Say something.... I like reading comments... Go on.... Type.....