OK I might be a little late to this party but after recent news stories stating Google Reader will be closing in July I wanted to give an alternative months in advance, rather than a last minute change.
It is actually easier than using Google Friend Connect (GFC) as I can follow Blogspot and Wordpress blogs in one screen. There are rumours that GFC might also close, not just Google Reader but as yet unconfirmed.
I am adding BlogLovin to my own internet favourites right now so I remember to use it more. If you already know all about Blog Lovin please ignore this post, if you haven't used it yet, have a go.
I've also added a Google+ followers button on the left side bar. By doing so it changed my blogging username from JulieMRB (Blogger.com logo) to Julie Roo (G+ logo), hope that doesn't confuse anyone.
The other new widgets are Klout and Kred as these are used by many bloggers now. It's a sort of scoring system where your blogging peers rate you.
The GFC and follow by email options are still on display, it's entirely up to readers on MRB which follow method is best.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I'm confused by the whole lot! Don't really like change!!
ReplyDeleteI thought the same Vicky, but the BlogLovin' thing really is easy peasy. The Klout/Kred bit I find confusing but I keep trying to use them as I know it is becoming more popular but ignore those bits.... You can still follow any way you like at the moment. :-)
Delete